Au Bon Pain Covid-19 Actions & Preparations
Posted at 12:00 pm, March 16, 2020
A Message from our President, Sue Morelli
For more than 40 years, Au Bon Pain has strived to be a place of comfort, providing nourishment to our guests in hospitals, transportation centers, office buildings, neighborhoods, malls and college campuses. Our first commitment has always been to the well-being of our guests and team members, who together make up our Au Bon Pain family.
Having monitored the COVID-19 situation around the clock for weeks now, we have instituted procedures with the safety of our guests, team members and communities as our foremost concern. Below is an update on what we are doing.
- We have enhanced our café cleaning protocols to include more frequent sanitizing, cleaning of high-touchpoint locations and deep cleanings
- Hand-sanitizing stations for the use of our guests and team members are on their way to every location, as are antimicrobial screens for our ordering tablets
- We are seeking to procure additional antimicrobial solutions that offer ongoing protection at high-touchpoint locations
- We have eliminated self-service at the salad bars in our cafes
- All bakery items are individually wrapped
- We have re-emphasized the crucial importance of frequent and proper handwashing and all café team members wash hands every 30 minutes, and upon switching tasks
- We have re-trained team members on sanitary code procedures, including switching gloves with each task
- We reinforce with our team members the CDC guidelines around personal behaviors to help contain the spread of the virus (not touching the face, social distancing, no handshakes, etc.)
- We have enhanced our illness policies, requiring team members to stay home if sick, and have instituted procedures to carefully assess our team members’ fitness to return to work if they have been away from work due to illness and following travel
- We are following CDC guidelines to assess our team members’ risk of exposure to the virus, and are working with them to implement self-quarantine procedures as indicated
- We will pay for COVID-19 testing for any team member who needs it and does not have the health coverage to pay for it
- And, so that none of our team members have to make the tough choice between working or taking care of their health, we have implemented an Emergency Sick Time Policy which provides up to 14 days of additional paid leave in the event of COVID-19 related absences. This is in addition to the standard Earned Time Off already available to every team member in our Company.
We strive to stay updated on all new developments and directives issued by the CDC and local health officials, and we will do all we can to ensure the safety of our guests, team members and communities.
We thank you for your continued loyalty.
Sue Morelli, President
Sue Morelli, President